fnrayosunshine 0 Newbie Poster

Since my upgrade to OS 10.4.10 on G5 Power Macs (not mac pros), my HP 8150n printer is now displaying the message that there is "insufficient memory". The department that uses the printer is a graphics department that uses Photoshop CS3, Multi-ad Creator, InDesign CS3 and Quark 6.5. They didn't have any issues before the upgrade; however, they were using Photoshop 6 /7 and Quark 5.

I could easily say that my printer is on the way out since it is really really old. However, I don't feel that it is coincidence that I am getting this message since I upgraded that department. Is there a way to allocate memory to the printer or the applications within the OS like I could with OS 9?

Every document that I have read online about this issue states that fonts could cause the issue. We are using the same fonts but without ATM. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Heather

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.