I have Autodesk Maya installed in my system.So i think this haspnt.sys has something to do with it?

Question:

I have Autodesk Maya installed in my system.So i think this haspnt.sys has something to do with it?

Answer:

Ok, it seems the haspnt service has to do with a hardware key generally required for high-end development programs like Auto-CAD (also an Autodesk product). If you have to use one of these for Maya, this might be the source of that error.

Question:

Is this responsible for system freezin?

Answer:

I don't think either of these errors is necessarily directly related to the freezing issue...my original diagnosis stands unless we can get a proper voltage reading that says otherwise.

I don't mean to be blunt, but I did already answer both questions prior to either being asked. :p

Yeah lol i am kinda fed up with this problem.
And now i have disabled my gfx card.And i am on onboard gfx.Lets see whether it hangs now.Then i will change the power supply.But look at this link

http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=5565

so many people having this problem.But noone knows whats causing it.Thats why i am confused which hardware component should i replace.

Yeah lol i am kinda fed up with this problem.
And now i have disabled my gfx card.And i am on onboard gfx.Lets see whether it hangs now.Then i will change the power supply.But look at this link

http://www.anetforums.com/posts.aspx?ThreadIndex=5565

so many people having this problem.But noone knows whats causing it.Thats why i am confused which hardware component should i replace.

Keep in mind that all the data there is outdated. I don't know how old your system is, but that thread was last posted to in October of 2006.

Between the kinds of errors, the seemingly random nature of said problems, and the lack of Windows error messages linked to it, I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem. Like I said, the video card is a possibility, but it's unlikely the cause. If it is, wonderful! If not...well, you know what I'm gonna say. :p

Keep in mind that all the data there is outdated. I don't know how old your system is, but that thread was last posted to in October of 2006.

Between the kinds of errors, the seemingly random nature of said problems, and the lack of Windows error messages linked to it, I can't think of anything else that could be causing the problem. Like I said, the video card is a possibility, but it's unlikely the cause. If it is, wonderful! If not...well, you know what I'm gonna say. :p

yes lol power supply i hope its gfx card,and it hasnt freezed for the last 10mins or so.I will try to test gfx card now,i will change its PCI slot also.
My system is one and a half years old.
Pentium D 3.0 ghz,
intel 945 mobo,
1gb ddr2 kingston
6600 nvidia,
450 watt power supply

yes lol power supply i hope its gfx card,and it hasnt freezed for the last 10mins or so.I will try to test gfx card now,i will change its PCI slot also.
My system is one and a half years old.
Pentium D 3.0 ghz,
intel 945 mobo,
1gb ddr2 kingston
6600 nvidia,
450 watt power supply

You hope it's the graphics card? Wow...you want me to be wrong that badly? :p

You do realize that a new video card is more expensive than a power supply, right?

Well, either way, I hope the problem is solved. :)

Let us know!

You hope it's the graphics card? Wow...you want me to be wrong that badly? :p

You do realize that a new video card is more expensive than a power supply, right?

Well, either way, I hope the problem is solved. :)

Let us know!

lol its still under warranty.:)

lol its still under warranty.:)

O.o

You failed to mention that as well...

/me bangs head on desk.

yeah lol but i did mention that its one and a half year old PC.I will give u the update tomorrow whether its working fine without gfx card or not.You have helped me a lot.I hope my problem solves now.Otherwise i will buy new power supply.:@

yeah lol but i did mention that its one and a half year old PC.I will give u the update tomorrow whether its working fine without gfx card or not.You have helped me a lot.I hope my problem solves now.Otherwise i will buy new power supply.:@

If it's under warranty, you don't have to buy a new anything. Just tell them yours doesn't work right, and they should send you a new one, no? Even the power supply is under warranty, so take advantage of it! Why buy what you can have replaced for free? You can buy a new one for use in the meantime, if you need, but let the warranty cover whatever it can.

Sorry. The thread has gotten so long it's hard to keep track.
Both my testers have been very accurate: i.e., computer fails , PS tests bad,. Replace PS, computer works.
I do have a volt meter, but i use it very seldom since these things are usually very clear cut. Testing takes time (Money) and I'm not really an electronic tech.
I'm sure the example you cited is possible, but I've never run into it.
Of course, I've only replaced 10 or so PSs, so I bow to your greater experience.
Question: in some instances, with a bad PS fan I've just replaced the fan. This is usually when I'm working with a cheapskate, or for free. Is that a standard practice, or a bad idea? It hasn't bit me yet, but I've wondered about it.

So far it hasnt freezed after removing gfx card.I will wait for one more day.

Sorry. The thread has gotten so long it's hard to keep track.
Both my testers have been very accurate: i.e., computer fails , PS tests bad,. Replace PS, computer works.
I do have a volt meter, but i use it very seldom since these things are usually very clear cut. Testing takes time (Money) and I'm not really an electronic tech.
I'm sure the example you cited is possible, but I've never run into it.
Of course, I've only replaced 10 or so PSs, so I bow to your greater experience.
Question: in some instances, with a bad PS fan I've just replaced the fan. This is usually when I'm working with a cheapskate, or for free. Is that a standard practice, or a bad idea? It hasn't bit me yet, but I've wondered about it.

I actually have had a problem with a power supply that "tested" as working with a normal tester. It turned on, fan was quiet, etc. The problem was, the computer kept restarting. It did that at the post screen for a bit, then finally booted. About 10-15 min later, it shut off. I replaced the motherboard and processor, but it still happened. I'd never heard of this kind of problem, but saw a diagram that showed how to test the various leads. I tried it and got my answer. The voltmeter was showing the 5v lead was around 4.3v, but as I kept it on, the number crept up higher. It eventually went to 5v...but didn't stop. It kept creeping higher. This explained a lot. The low voltage kept it from booting properly initially, but as it warmed up, it got to the proper voltage range and started. Afterwards, it overloaded and shut down.

Had I known about this kind of problem back then, I could have saved myself the cost of a new board and processor. I didn't have the money to actually upgrade at that time, so it was almost pointless. I replaced the power supply and BINGO. I was kinda ticked about it at the time.

I've replaced a few dozen power supplies and only ran into this problem once. That's not to say it wasn't a problem for other computers, but by then, I just recommended replacement anyway. I also know how to test them and finally got a nice one with an LCD tester that also accepted the standard Molex standard and mini, 4-pin motherboard, and 6-pin PCI-E video power connectors. Understand...I do this kind of thing for a living (run my own PC repair business). I'm not always right, but experience counts for a lot.

As for the fan: if you can do it quickly with on-hand parts, then go for it. My experience has been that if the fan's going, it's probably about time to replace the PS anyway. Whichever works for you, though.

@gaurav_indian:

Keep in mind what I said earlier about the video card. I have an nVidia 6600GT myself, which does take a lot of power. The on-board video doesn't use nearly as much. See if you can get another 3D card to put in there. If it doesn't crash, it's the old video card. Problem solved. If it DOES crash, then it's likely to be the power supply. Problem solved. :)

I don't mind being wrong, as long as the problem gets solved. Keep us informed!

I will get a new power supply in either case lol.Becoz i have two SATA hdd and 6600 gt does take a lot of power.I dont want to take risk now.

I will get a new power supply in either case lol.Becoz i have two SATA hdd and 6600 gt does take a lot of power.I dont want to take risk now.

Good man! :)

Just remember to check back with us as to how it goes! Also, don't forget to mark this thread as "solved" once you're sure it is.

Happy I could help.

^^ Yeah sure.

I had similar issues once and it turned out the power supply was not putting out the proper voltage, I replaced the P/S and it all went away.

Guys my windows xp is giving me headache now.First of all it hangs everytime i run it for the first time everyday or after a gap of 5-6 hours.Then it hangs randomly after restarting sometimes during using internet,sometimes when i am listening music,or working.I am fed up with this problem.Dont know whether its a hardware problem or software.And i have formatted and reinstalled XP many times.I have tested windows xp without some softwares which i use normally except(motherboard,gfx card,lan card,audio).And i tested it for 2 days each but still the problem exists.

Here is my system config :-

Windows XP Prof with SP2
intel 945 motherboard
Pentium D 3.0ghz
1 gb ddr2 ram
80 gb seagate hdd
nvidia 6600 gt xfx 256 mb

now the software which i normally use

Autodesk Maya 8.5 Personal Learning Edition
Winamp 5.5
Western Digital Backup Software for my external hard disk
Adobe Photoshop

I only install these softwares firstly i thought its becoz of Maya.But then i tried reinstalling the window without maya but it hanged again.Today i installed Maya after installing a fresh windows xp but to my surprise it kept hanging.And i had to reinstall it again.And now i am not using Maya.Window xp hangs and then a beep sound comes from the CPU.Any solution guys?

And i am sure when i will run my system tomorrow it will hang again first time at desktop.
I have checked my HDD and RAM with testing tools and they are working fine.And my system for the first time worked well for the last 3 days and i had maya on that also.But it started acting like those old bad 20 days yesterday.And i am clueless.Help me guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.