I have vista on my machine but games dont work on it so how can i install windows xp to so i can have both running on one machine so I can you use the delights of vista but play games on xp?

any ideas apreciated:)

Recommended Answers

All 38 Replies

I did that a while back. used the shrink tool in win vista to get a new partition, installed xp on it But then XP took over my bootloader and I couldn't load vista. I had to download this trial software to add back vista. I think it was called easy bcd.

EDIT: and yeah, not only do your games work better in xp, but faster too...

i just wanted to know how to get it to work are there any trial or free prgrams that i can use like i heard of acronis boot loader would that work

yeh that easy bcd i mentioned does it. Well actually, it edits your bootloader to include both

yes acronis can set up your hdd for dual boot. and it also has its own bootloader

is it free
if it isnt is there nay other solution

there is a free version, with limited features,

i will check it out what is it called?

acronis and i beleive thats the best free one out there

cheers mate

you can use the NT bootloader. There is a howto on MS but its for booting windows 2000 and XP or something like that.

ok i have got acronis os selector and i have partitioned the drive so it should be ok to do it i will let you know how it goes

I tried dula boot and it messed up my drive so i had to reinstall windows again so any other options? i really need this game to play any help

when it gets messed up you just need to stick the windows cd in, go inti recovery console and reinstall the bootloader. Then boot into that windows and add an entry for the other onbe to boot.ini

how do i do that in vista anyway its too late i have re-installed windows anyway can you tell me for future

Ok,

I got i got virtual pc of microsoft and i am installing windows mce and its slow because i set it on 120mb lol so once installed should i beable to install my games on it?

Should, when you say 120 MB that is for memory right? If so might have wanted to bump it to 256 or 512.

thats what i am doing lol

games run like crap in emuklated macfhines, and VPC emulates a crappy GPU too.

well any ideas on what to do this is the best game ever and i want to play it any help

Windows Vista Home Premium is the edition that delivers more ease of use, security, and entertainment.

Windows Vista Home Premium is the edition that delivers more ease of use, security, and entertainment.

That is not relevant...

What games are you wanting to install?

I Also Ha Such A Problem A Month Ago But I Used Acronis To Setup The Bootloader And It Worked ,so Give It A Shot.

seriously. just buy another 1 or 2gb of ram (cheapo) and run your games in vista.

seriously. just buy another 1 or 2gb of ram (cheapo) and run your games in vista.

Yeh, Vista is not so good unless you have at least 2GB anyway. Recently discovered that and ditched my XP once and for all.

yeah, i need 3gb on vista to do what xp does with 1.5/2

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.