Hello I have an older computer that I want to use for my daughter, it has windows me on it and everything else I have acculimated over the years. Is there someway I can restor it back to its original factory settings and programs. I have looked for my disc for it and can not find it anywhere. I did not know if there is someway I can totaly wipe it out and just install windows me on it again. It is a compaq 5000 series. Only like 6.5GB, and 256 ram, pentium 3 processor. Please let my know if there is anything I could do with. Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

you will need a WinMe disk to do it ,unless Compaq put a recover partition of the harddrive that will rung by hitting f10 or 11 or something like that ,usually you are greeted with a hit f10 to run recovery at startup if there is one .

If at all possible I would try to obtain another operating system, as I have heard nothing good about Windows ME.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.