randomly ive started getting this problem where my screen starts flashing and doesnt let me click on it to close the screen, when i finally get the scren to close, i cant access anything on my computer without it flashing , (my normal desktop scrren look is fine) i went to 'my computer' to see if i could go to system restore and it started doing it again even on that page which obviously isnt the internet.

Everytime norton does a scan it tells me i have tracking cookies which i delete every time but they still come back again,

not sure if the 2 are connected.

also i cannot do a system restore on any of my restore points, any ideas????

Your response would be very much appreciated as i have to phone a premium rate no for technical support from my provider

Many thanks, jennette x

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Boot into safe mode and do the restore.

As far as the the flashing it sounds like you might have a bad video drive installed and when something like "flash" is being called it is barfing.

Does it happen in all browsers?

FireFox? Opera?IE?

Boot into safe mode and do the restore.

As far as the the flashing it sounds like you might have a bad video drive installed and when something like "flash" is being called it is barfing.

Does it happen in all browsers?

FireFox? Opera?IE?

Techniner is right it could be your video driver or your video card going bad. You also have to put a few other things into account though, like is the refresh rate on the monitor refreshing to fast, when she is on the net is it a page with bad css which can result in the page to "flash" there are plenty of variables you may want to look into. I would suggest checking your screens refresh rate and installing the latest drivers for your video card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.