Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by John A

Id suggest getting http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php

Or if you don't want to buy a product, create a shortcut on the server with this path SHUTDOWN /L /R /T:10 /Y /C - then on the other machine, map a network drive to that shourcut on the server. When you want to reboot, just double click the shortcut.

The server will reboot in 10 seconds, for a longer time change T:10 to T:30 for 20 seconds. You might want to create another shortcut to cancel the reboot too, same steps as above except the shortcut path will be SHUTDOWN /A.

To create a shortcut, right click the desktop and select New > Shortcut. Path SHUTDOWN /L /R /T:10 /Y /C click Next > Finish.

Or the easiest way...

1. Right-click My Computer and select Manage.

2. On the Action menu, press Connect to another computer ....

3. Double-click a computer in the list or enter IP address (you will need to log in when prompted)

4. Right-click Computer Management (<Name>) and press Properties.

5. On the Advanced tab, press Startup and Recovery.

6. Press the Shut Down button.

7. Select an Action:

Log off Current User

Shut Down

Restart

Power down (if supported)

8. Select a Force Apps Closed action and press OK.

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Window Tips 'n' Tweaks forum, as it seems to fit better there. If you think there's a better location, let me know -- I can move it again.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.