I have accidentally obtained the update from Windows XP that gives me Trustworthy Computing. I have some questions about it and I hope someone here will be able to answer them.
1. What is done to my computer if something is discovered on it? Are the files simply deleted? Is windows disabled? Is my hardware damaged? Is there a notice before the punishment is dealt?
2. What kind of files are they looking for? I know MP3s are one kind, but I have none of these. I am concerned about my small collection of NES and SNES roms. I'm also worried that non-microsoft alternatives may be considered piracy as well (Microsoft isn't known for being honest), such as my Firefox, my Thunderbird, and my dual-booted Linux.
3. Will my computer be used to scan and attack my family's computers over the network? What about in my Thunderbird address book?
4. Are posts I make such as this one monitored?
5. Should I delete my private txt journal documents on my computer or will they not be looked at?
6. Will my computer slow down during the scan?
7. Does this update leave me more vunerable to adware/viruses/spam?
8. I have a microphone connected to the computer. Will the update monitor conversations I have near my computer using this microphone?