The anti-virus component of my security suite seems to work well, yet I continually get the error "driver initialization failed" when I enable the firewall part of the program. I have followed all the instructions posted on the Symantec Website (i.e. uninstalling and then reinstalling the program) numerous times, to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem? Should I deep six Norton and buy a better security suite? I am very frustrated, and I have never had as many viruses on my PC in 5 years as I have had in 5 months! AAAARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Should I deep six Norton and buy a better security suite? AAAARRRRGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Yes. My company will be switching over to Trend at the months' end after being a symantec customer for several years. We haven't had the virus problems, there is just absolutely no help with their "Gold level" support.

Oh btw Trend is cheaper too!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.