Wassup to all! I am currently using NLite to slipstream my sata drivers to my xp cd. I downloaded the driver that I needed from the HP website. It was an executable file so I used winrar to unpack it. I then directed nlite to that folder. Unfortunately, my progress stopped there because the .inf file was not found in the folder. Am i missing something or do I need to find another way to slipstream the driver on the cd.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The extracted files likely contain drivers for a variety of operating systems; you'll need to navigate the sub-folders until you find the right one for XP.

Thanks for the advice. I did what you said and the only thing close i found was a .vxd (virtual device driver) file. I tried to point nlite its way and it didn't recognize it. Should I copy and paste all of the files here so you can see them or am i just screwed?

Thanks for the advice. I did what you said and the only thing close i found was a .vxd (virtual device driver) file. I tried to point nlite its way and it didn't recognize it. Should I copy and paste all of the files here so you can see them or am i just screwed?

No, just post a link to the download at HP; i'll scoop them and have a look. What model of HP system do you have ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.