When I press the start button I get a black & white screen with the title 'AMIBIOS system configuration (c) 1985 - 2001 American Megatrends..etc
My system is winxp
Could some one please suggest how to solve this?
manitm

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

When you press the start button?
Does it boot up after you see this b&w screen?

Hi Kaai,
It does not boot after getting this screen. The screen remains there as permanent fixture.

In my experience, this usually means that the master boot record is corrupt. I don't know of a way out of this other than to wipe everything with FDISK using the MBR option.

To save your data, you can put the HDD into a USB enclosure and stream it off using another PC.

I hope that the other geniuses on this forum give you other suggestions before you have to take this drastic step, like re-seating all your PCI cards and memory.

Let us know.

When I press the start button I get a black & white screen with the title 'AMIBIOS system configuration (c) 1985 - 2001 American Megatrends..etc
My system is winxp
Could some one please suggest how to solve this?
manitm

can you hit the del key it [may be another key ] to enter the bios and set the defaults and save changes and reboot see what happens .
I have seen this with computers that have been unplugged from power source and have a dead bios battery ,

Hi manitm ,

your pc cannot pass the POST process.
Try unplug the power cord and remove all removable parts like KB/Mouse, PCI addon cards, USB devices, unplug the HDD data cable as well. then holding down the power button over 20 seconds to discharge and reset the system.

Connect just the Power cord and try power on the PC.
If you see the boot screen pass the "AMIBIOS system configuration (c) 1985 - 2001 American Megatrends..etc", power off the PC and connect the HDD data cable, then power on teh PC again.

Hope this can boot your PC to desktop.
Happy New Year!
Bill

When you turn on the power of your computer, press del button on your keyboard, to see if you are able to enter BIOS setup, if you are then, just come out of it without making any changes in it.
Than keep on pressing F8 button on your keyboard, if you see a screen giving you different information, select "Safe Mode" and press enter button and see if you are able to boot into "Safe Mode".

If you are able to enter "Safe Mode" then it could be an issue with any of your hardware device.

Please inform us as soon as possible if you are not able to enter BIOS setup.

can somebody help me too i have a same problem too can someone help me?

I had this same problem when I installed a new videocard. I solved it by resetting the CMOS (remove the battery for a few seconds).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.