I want to make a reg file to automatically change the key KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2 from 1 to 0 in the following string. This way I can use it on another computer.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control\Class \ {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318} \ 0000 \KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2

The folder 0000 contains many key values.
I can right click the folder 0000 and export it but I don't want to export the whole folder.
When I right click the key: KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2 it does not give me the option to export it. I only have the option to Modify/Modify Binary Data/Delete/Rename
That's the only key I need to export

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
Chris

Registry_.JPG

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Rproffitt, thank you for your reply. Yes, the other thread describes the same issue. I have exported the whole branch and edited it. But as this is the first time I have edited a reg file I do not know if the syntax is correct.

Here is what I have

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000]
"KMD_EnableBrightnessInterface2"=dword:00000000

Does that look good? Do I need a space between the lines or another " at the end of the second line?

Kind regards
Chris

Looks fine to me. My experience is that blank lines and spaces at the end of line are ignored.

Thank you very much for your help.

I have to make the brightness keys work on a Lenovo G575 that has been upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. Everything works fine except there is a bug in the latest Win 10 graphics display driver that stops the brightness controls from working (either from Win 10 settings or the function keys). This registry change will fix it. Now, I have to use it on another identical computer belonging to a friend.

Out of the millions of lines of code a 1 has to be changed into a 0. Oh, the joys of working with computers!

Kind regards
Chris

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.