Downloaded over 250 music excerpts from Web all had been changed
to MIDI files (.mid) for downloading.

Burned CD/R from hard drive. This CD/R now plays only on PC and laptop.

How do I go about changing file extension to format that will allow me to burn a CD that can play on all players ?

I need to burn a CD/R that will play on component set, CD player and car CD player.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

well if you have nero, and you tell it that you want to burn a music cd, it should automatically convert it to a format that can be read by cd players. If you dont have nero, just google it, there are tons of programs for converting format, I forget what the format for cd players are... :confused:

well if you have nero, and you tell it that you want to burn a music cd, it should automatically convert it to a format that can be read by cd players. If you dont have nero, just google it, there are tons of programs for converting format, I forget what the format for cd players are... :confused:

Thanks for the push in the right direction. While searching Google I came across several programs. Tried several including Nero but all rather messy, some of which require entry of a 'PRG' (a musical identifier) which has to be assigned individually to each of my 250 files !

Found another called MIDI-MP3 1.2 from Plimus.com which is the easiest I could find (and bought) Absolutely terrific. Highly recommend. Compatible W2000 and W XP.
Thanks again for kind assist

awesome! glad I could help :cheesy:

MIDI Converter - Convert MIDI to WAV MP3 OGG MIDI 0/1 - MIDI to WAV Converter

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

If you want a midi to be played by every player you should convert it to an audio format first. A midi itself is not music, it contains only sets of notes and instructions that are used to re-create music. There are two basic converting methods: sound recording and soundfonts. I prefer the latter one, it is much more effective and faster. I use Fast MIDI to MP3 Converter that supports soundfonts.

Previously I used free services on the internet as an alternative to freeware programs to convert MIDI to MP3. I liked one of them in particular, solmire.com. But quantity of midis was constantly growing and it became awkward to upload and download files every time when I wanted to convert them. It also ate much traffic. Then I found a program that could convert many midi files in a short time. Now I use it constantly :). There is even a tutorial: How do I convert MIDI to MP3.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.