Hello, you guys have been helpful in the past and I have decided to come back with a new issue :)

My internet seems to cut in and out sometimesevery ten minutes or even up to every hour. I am using a motorola modem and a Linksys WRT54G router. I have a PC connected directly to the modem and two laptops connected to wireless off the router, but when the internet goes out all three go out which would lead to the problem source being the modem, is this just a dead modem or is there possible ways i could troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you for your time!
Kevin

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

call your provider and they can run a check of your equipment

sorry about the late post, my modem just completely died on me and had to get a new one. The techie said that there were many motorola modems that were sent out that do not work properly. thank you :)

sorry about the late post, my modem just completely died on me and had to get a new one. The techie said that there were many motorola modems that were sent out that do not work properly. thank you :)

Well nice to see you got it straitened out

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.