I have a gaming computer that just died due to the CPU failing. It had a secondary 500GB HDD that I used to store software on. I am using my backup PC right now, but I'm wondering if I can simply move the 500GB HDD over to this one and simply reinstall my software. Is that possible, or would I have to reformat and all that stuff. I don't want to lose all my stuff by moving it from the original PC. Oh, and it wasn't setup as RAID or anything like that, just good old extra space.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I used to store software on!!!

No,if you mean you installed the programs on to this drive ,yes if you mean you just used it for storage of the software

I just stored the software. Will my backup recognize the drive by just hooking it up? When I fix my original, will I have any problems?

I just stored the software. Will my backup recognize the drive by just hooking it up? When I fix my original, will I have any problems?

no. you shouldn't

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.