I recently upgraded to XP service pack 3. Now my Plug N Play will not work. When I connect the USB for my Nikon camera, it cannot find the software, likewise for the USB hub. Both of these worked before I upgraded.

I have already uninstalled the USB devices, actually had to restore to an earlier configuration because they did not reload upon booting. I have uninstalled the camera software and reinstalled from the newest version on line, etc.

the ports work because when I plug printer, scanner etc in they work fine. It is just the devices. It keeps teeling me that it cannot find the software for the device.

I spent hours searching the web and have determined that somehow my plugnplay got disabled when I upgraded, but cannot figure out how to re-enable it.

The folks at Nikon were nice, but beyond telling me to install more memory (which I did to no avail) they are also clueless.

Contributors
Replies
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by tanque4two

did u try to plug in your USB devices in another computer and see if were recognised??

please try it.

did u try to plug in your USB devices in another computer and see if were recognised??

please try it.

yes, tried that also.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.