I recently upgraded to XP service pack 3. Now my Plug N Play will not work. When I connect the USB for my Nikon camera, it cannot find the software, likewise for the USB hub. Both of these worked before I upgraded.

I have already uninstalled the USB devices, actually had to restore to an earlier configuration because they did not reload upon booting. I have uninstalled the camera software and reinstalled from the newest version on line, etc.

the ports work because when I plug printer, scanner etc in they work fine. It is just the devices. It keeps teeling me that it cannot find the software for the device.

I spent hours searching the web and have determined that somehow my plugnplay got disabled when I upgraded, but cannot figure out how to re-enable it.

The folks at Nikon were nice, but beyond telling me to install more memory (which I did to no avail) they are also clueless.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

did u try to plug in your USB devices in another computer and see if were recognised??

please try it.

did u try to plug in your USB devices in another computer and see if were recognised??

please try it.

yes, tried that also.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.