In Win 98 I use WINPOPUP.EXE to send messages between PC´s connected in an Office web. I do not find some similar in Windows XP and I need it.
Ty. :o

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

In Win 98 I use WINPOPUP.EXE to send messages between PC´s connected in an Office web. I do not find some similar in Windows XP and I need it.

I think what you're looking for is the net send command. If you have SP2 installed, have a look at this before using it:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839018

Hello there,

OK I know this is 2 months old but hey maybe someone will find it helpful; for xp you can use net send as mentioned above but the more similar solution to winpopup is winchat (type winchat and Enter in Start Menu=> Run) :)

There's more to it if you intend to use it on regular basis. I suggest you take a look at the following link for full details:
Using Windows Chat in Windows XP

Ciao for now

RealPopUp works with XP.

Welcome to the site......

I myself disabled and deleted "Winpopup.exe" -- I dont wanna see any popups thank you! (Or as little as can be)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.