if calculate any thing like: 5/2 then the result show 2.5. here I want the result show is 3. I mean if it is over .5 then it show the ground figure not show decimal. if is 2.4 then it show 2. please any body help me. i did it like 2 by change the format but if i want to show it like 2.00 (with decimal place) then it not show.

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

you want the cell to display in decimal places, try formatting the cell to accounting format.
if you're using office 2007 right click on a cell you to format then choose Format Cells on Number tab choose Accounting.

I use office 2003. but in accounting there is no function like this.

not like it. here it show round figure. like : 20,21,22. but I want 20.00, 21.00, 22.00. I mean it show with decimal.

check out the attachment

as your suggestion I tried it. I write 20.60 and and it show 20.60. If I put decimal point = 0 then it show 21.

as your suggestion I tried it. I write 20.60 and and it show 20.60. If I put decimal point = 0 then it show 21.

try in cell a1 you type 2.43 in cell a2 type 2.48

then in cell b1 type this formula =round(a1,1)
then in cell b2 type this formula =round(a2,1)

check the difference... :)

thanks . but you did the same thing. at 1st I did it manually by your attached picture. now you did it with formula. thanks again. but I want without decimal. is it possible?

thanks . but you did the same thing. at 1st I did it manually by your attached picture. now you did it with formula. thanks again. but I want without decimal. is it possible?

What specifically you mean by without decimal?
on your first post you were trying to accomplish to do a round off of decimal places. The round formula does it, but now you want without decimal.
Then just use the format cell then set decimal places to zero. then there would be no decimal.

if I write =sum(a1/b1) and like: (5/2) the result show 2.50. now I want the result will show 3.00 not 3 or not 2.5. Is it possible?

if I write =sum(a1/b1) and like: (5/2) the result show 2.50. now I want the result will show 3.00 not 3 or not 2.5. Is it possible?

So basically if the decimal places is .5 to .9 you want it to convert to the neareast whole number?
and if the decimal places is .1 to .4 just display two zero's in decimal places?
is this what you want?

You could use a custom format

0."00"

But I can't really understand why you would want to put two zeros after your decimal point while they aren't correct.

You could use a custom format

0."00"

But I can't really understand why you would want to put two zeros after your decimal point while they aren't correct.

I make a salary sheet so I want a round figure without decimal. thanks.

Do pay attention that it is only the view that you're changing. The calculations you base on the cell are of course still using the values after the decimal point. If you didn't want that you would have to use round() and display two decimals, but that was already suggested, so I suppose you didn't want that ;) (edit: that's one bizarre smiley ... )

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.