Hi Guys

I'm new here so if my post is in the wrong place then please tell me where to stick it without telling me where to stick it if you know what I mean.

Hoping one of you guys is inventive enough to come up with a solution for this one.

I had a sudden and apparently random crash of my PC when watching BBC iPlayer the other night. I'm just about back up and running but I'm certain that my registry is corrupt. Thing is if I try to run AVG virus scan, AVG Tuneup 2011 or CCleaner registry tools the PC crashes the second they access the registry. The PC runs windows xp professional version 2002 sp3. AMD Athlon 64x2 dual core processor, 5600+2.81ghz, 2.00 gb of ram, The minidump file is:

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Save Dump
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 02/10/2010
Time: 18:21:25
User: N/A
Computer:
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0xc0000005, 0x806373f1, 0xb3198acc, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini100210-01.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
If the http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Also every time I start up I am told that 'one of the files containing the systems registry data had to be recovered by the use of a log or alternate copy. The recovery was successful'

If the PC crashes every time I access the registry then how do I fix it???? Any ideas grearfully recieved.

Kev

it's quite hard to tell which part of the registry was corrupted.
have you tried windows repair installation? or system recovery?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.