SagarSe7en 0 Junior Poster in Training

For the Past Four Weeks , i have been researching alot of Errors caused by Windows XP Operating System especially in obsolete Computers where the Setup Hangs alot when the User tries to Proceed to the Next Stage of Windows XP Installation.

There are Several Issues to be considered when this problem arises:

1) Are Your Input Devices of Different Type? EG PS/2 , USB

2) Is the Registry Infected With Viruses or Spywares?

3) Is the Hard Drive Setup well? {Applicable Mostly For Desktops only}

Going through these Factors i have learned that when you have a Keyboard and Mouse of Different Connections e.g. Mouse is USB connected to the Desktop using USB to PS/2 Switch and a Keyboard is Connected using PS/2 Connection then definitely that indicates that there is a Problem with the I/O {Input / Output} Error.

SOLUTION: Solution may not be definite but here are a couple of ways to fix these Problems:

1) Removing the Mouse thereby remaining with the Keyboard that is connected to the Desktop should actually solve the issue. Know that because the Input Devices are using a separate connection port it could result in the Devices being disabled by the System because of the Conflict.

2) If the Hard Drive is not setup , check the Cables properly and make sure the jumpers are set to its right state.

3) Checking the CPU may also solve the problem or probably even make it easier since CPU heat alot {One Main Reason why i hate the Central Processing Unit} it could probably give Problems during the XP Setup.

These Are The List of Solutions that i have come up with after reading various articles from the Internet.

A Contribution to the fabulous DaniWeb Community.

Best Regards,

sagar_danceking

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.