I am running microsoft word 97. I also have tons of works documents saved in .wps format. I need to be able to open and print them in the proper format. Although I can open them in word pad and read the text, I cannot view the original document format. I have downloaded both of the microsoft conversion programs which they say will allow me to open the .wps files and resave them as .doc. Nothing seems to work. All I still get is aski text and I am totally frustrated at this point. Does anyone have any suggestion? I used to have an old version of works 4.0 on my other computer and I was able to open them there and then resave them for word but that program is long gone. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!! Thanks in advance

You might have to get a newer version of Word. As time went on, Word got better at converting these files. IIRC, I think Word 2003 supports that format...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.