i would like to either disable or reduce sensitivity of the touch pad as it causes serious upset when typing: cursor jumps at the slightest touch of thumb to another place, or wipes out loads of work.
help!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Most of the time, there's not much you can do about it. My suggestion-- just become a more careful typist, and save your work often.

Additionally, you might be able to check in Control Panel for a touchpad option somewhere. There might be something there, if there is a way to adjust it.

You can disable the touchpad by going into device manager(Start->Run->devmgmt.msc). In there you look for Mice and other pointing devices you double click on your touchpad and on the new window that pops up at the bottom there's a drop down menu where you can choose to disable the touchpad. Apply all the changes and that's it.

You can disable the touchpad by going into device manager(Start->Run->devmgmt.msc). In there you look for Mice and other pointing devices you double click on your touchpad and on the new window that pops up at the bottom there's a drop down menu where you can choose to disable the touchpad. Apply all the changes and that's it.

Thing is, though, the user may still have a need for the touchpad. They might just want it to be less sensitive.

First thing he asked how to disable it so I gave him that. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.