ok i m13 im new here i just need some help with my comp so HI:)

now i was having some problems with counter-strike a video game and it takes somthing like 70 fps but my comp cant handle it so it spazzes to 5 fps then back to 70. my friend said i needed a new driver i tryed getting one but it didnt do anything. could u tell me what kind of driver i need, where to get it and how to install it?

my video card is NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

thanks for all your help

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Hi ,you might be better served by doing a Google Search

SpeedProblems, please be more descriptive when you name a thread. Here are the rules when posting: http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/announcement.php?f=10&announcementid=2

Please obey the rules. You'll get better responses that way. You don't want to be warned or banned by not obeying them.

WOW , A unfriendly looking character you have there ,the enforcer !! threatening poster isn't the job of a mod :evil: ,helping is ,helping is what is done here ! :D The poster is only 13 and needs your help ,not you Power : sad:

Ok speedproblems, for your nvidia drivers go to Nvidia and dowload the latest for card. Even though you may have a decent card suppose to give you a certain FPS, that is only possible if you have a good system. For example, if you have a good CPU (processor). If you could tell us what kind of system you have maybe we could help you more.

:)

WOW , A unfriendly looking character you have there ,the enforcer !! threatening poster isn't the job of a mod :evil: ,helping is ,helping is what is done here ! :D The poster is only 13 and needs your help ,not you Power : sad:

When someone tells you the rules after you disobey them, do you call that a threat? I told him to please obey the rules in a respectful manner. Him getting warned or banned by me or another moderator is a fact. I'm giving him advice on this, and etiquette, so he gets better responses in the future from this and other forums, thus helping him.

You don't know if the poster is 13. Saying you're under fifteen and a girl with bambi eyes with a girly account name is the best way to get a response from tech forums. I do it, I've done it, and lots of people have in the past, including today. It's psychological. People are more willing to help others of the opposite sex or minors. Not only are they more willing, but they are more patient. Posing as a female minor is the best way to get sympathy and tolerance from people, such yourself, others, and yes, including myself.

Because I never know how old anyone is through the internet, I talk to everyone in the same, non-biased, non-demeaning, neutral manner. That is unless I know them.

ok i m13 im new here i just need some help with my comp so HI:)

now i was having some problems with counter-strike a video game and it takes something like 70 fps but my comp can't handle it so it spazzes to 5 fps then back to 70. my friend said i needed a new driver i tryed getting one but it didnt do anything. could u tell me what kind of driver i need, where to get it and how to install it?

It may not be the video card. Something else may be sucking up resources or interrupts. It's possible, for example, that your systemlacks enough RAM or the DMA settings on your CD-ROM may be incorrect (not turned on). It's also possible that the BIOS feature Assign PCI IRQ to VGA is turned on, which could cause conflicts and timing errors. A board in PCI slot 1 (the one nearest the AGP card) can also cause similar conflicts.

Please help us help you. How about more system details? Run something like AIDA32 in a text-report mode and post the results.

I would upgrade the drivers from Nvidia, then test it out, if it is still not up to stuff, look at what else is running in the background. Then look for conflicts and such. After that I would install some more RAM.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.