Hi,
I have a windows 10, HP 340. Due to the fact that I forgot the password, I added a picture password to access my computer. Today, as I gave the wrong pattern twice, it is asking me to give the initial password which I forgot. In order to change my password, it is also asking the current password which I don't know. I cannot give it a factory reset as it has a lot information stored in local files. What am I supposed to do? Please help me...
Thanks in advance.

No mention of disk encryption so my tool of choice is almost any bootable Linux to copy the files out. Of if the owner is still on HDD I offer to put in a SSD then the old HDD goes into an external case so they can copy over their files.

As to what you were supposed to do, that's backup your files so this is never a problem.

PS. My advice to boot another OS is really old. Still works!
We don't learn Linux either. Read http://tips.oncomputers.info/archives2004/0401/2004-Jan-11.htm

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.