Gibsob22 0 Newbie Poster

Please Help!!! I'm a trader who has a quote system, and from what I'm reading, it could be considered the "server". The quote system obviously has stock quotes that update in real-time throughout the day. I currently have certain ticker symbols linked (I think that's the right term) via DDE to an Excel spreadsheet - for my own calculations, etc. In addition, I have a macro running in another Excel application which pulls data from the web and puts it into a spreadsheet I designed. It goes to the web and pulls the data every five minutes or so. The same spreadsheet that is linked to my quote system is linked to this macro spreadsheet that pulls the data from the web. I'm pretty sure the two spreadsheets are "linked" via OLE. The problem I'm having is that my computer freezes just about everyday and I have to reboot it. This problem has only started since I added the macro process and linkage. The error message it says "Windows Application Error: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000017). Click OK to terminate the application". I'm thinking that perhaps I need to update my DDE links to OLE. But I'm not sure. I'm hoping someone has an obvious solution to this matter. Thanks in advance for all your help. Regards.