hi
i have a big big problem
ok 1. i have installed my server called ICESERVER WITH WINDOWS SERVER 2003 R2 STANDARD EDITION .I HAVE CONFIGURED ACTIVE DIRECTORY SUCESSFULLY I CAN GET INTERNET ON THE SERVER.

2. I AHVE 20 XP PRO SP2 WORKSTATION TO JOIN THE DOMAIN THE DOMAIN IS CALLED HNDICE.COM AND MY SERVER IS THE SOLE DOMAIN CONTROLLER IN A NEW FOREST.

MY PROBLEM IS THAT I CANT JOIN THE DOMAIN I GET THE message that domain hndice is not avialbale and that thei have a dns problem.

can anybody tell me how do i know that i have coreeclty configured my dns and if not please give me a way to do so correctly
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Anastacia,
Can you post any errors you have in your event viewer under "DNS Server"?

AJZ

hi here is what i got when trying to join an xp pro to the domain:

a domain controller for the domain hndice.com could not be contacted.
common causes of this error include the following:
-the DNS SVR record is not registered in DNS
- One or more of the following zones does not include delegation to tis child zone:
HNDICE.COM COM
the root zone

Dns name does not exist errorcode Ox00002323
RCODE NAME_ERROR
The query was for the SRV record for_Idap_tcp.dc_msdcs.hndice.com

that the error thing and i have noticed another strange thing when i open my network places and click on entire network and then on Microsoft WINDOWS nETWORK I SEE ONLY MY OWN DOMAIN hnDICE.COM WHEREAS I SHOULD HAVE SEEN OTHER DOMAINS ON THE NETWRK ON WHICH I AM !!!

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR HELP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.