My Norton Antivirus detected a virus and a window popped up with an alert saying that it has been found and automatically deleted. I have tried clickin OK and the X, but the window is still there. When I restart my computer, it is still there! How can I get rid of it?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

My Norton Antivirus detected a virus and a window popped up with an alert saying that it has been found and automatically deleted. I have tried clickin OK and the X, but the window is still there. When I restart my computer, it is still there! How can I get rid of it?

What's the name of the virus?

trojan.startpage

Also Aquire WinPatroll

This will tell you the Running Processes on your Comp. It also allows you to Kill any Process ( Direct Connections could be Made if you have a Trojan)
Also if you see a random window pop up, at any time, and it seems kinda weird. Then just e-mail me at Hexonflux@yahoo.com I have delt with that problem befor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.