I previously burned alot of cds with Windows Media player and it saves them as wma files. Now I am trying to access those music files with another program but it doesn't support wma, is there a way to convert all of those music files to mp3's without re-burning everything?

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

:p

Thanks! Ill try that out and see how it works!

Go to download.com and search for the program Switch. It converts from m4a to mp3 and wav so thats why I like it. I can burn my songs in my iTunes in other programs.

Hello,
I would like to recommend you use DRM WMA MP3 Converter. Which can help you convert protected wma to MP3 or other music files

You may learn more about how to convert wma to mp3 here
;)

You're better off re-ripping your CDs to MP3s. Transcoding between lossy formats (MP3, WMA, etc.) is one of the worst possible ways to degrade your music's quality. If you need flexibility between formats, keep a backup rip of your music using a lossless format (such as FLAC, ALAC, APE, WavPac), which you can use later to transcode to your preferred format.

I reckon the easiest thing to is goto www.media-convert.com where you can convert to ANY FORMAT YOU WANT.. (Of the ones listed)

Welcome to the site Pigone!

I reckon the easiest thing to is goto www.media-convert.com where you can convert to ANY FORMAT YOU WANT.. (Of the ones listed)

Welcome to the site Pigone!

Transcoding between lossy music formats is one of the worst possible ways to degrade the quality of your music (well, actually, it's pretty harmful to video too...). If you have any desire to maintain quality, always convert from the original source whenever possible, unless of course you're dealing with lossless formats.

Yes well thats true John,didnt think of that.

WinFF

You can try Tunebite, too, it converts over 60 formats with high speed and good quality. Very useful and easy to use. :D

Hmm, someone just reported this saying it doesnt work....

My advice is to use WinFF, i use that for converting WMA to MP3.

Total converter is the best option of convert any music file into any format. Rather than you can convert any video file too.

I use a software called iDealshare VideoGo which can easily convert WMA to all most all popular audio formats like convert WMA to MP3, AAC, AIFF or convert lossless WMA to Apple Lossless ALAC M4A.

It also helps to convert WMA to other audio format like convert WMA to FLAC, OGG, WAV, AU, RA, MP2, DTS, AC3 and etc on Mac OS X (Mavericks included).

I just find a powerful WMA Converter which has both Mac and Windows version

It can easily convert WMA to MP3,AAC,AIFF,Apple Lossless ALAC M4A etc.

It even helps to convert WMA to WAV, RA, AU, DTS, FLAC, OGG, and etc

I would get rid of the program that requires mp3.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.