bought a new 7800gs...tried it in my pc and could not get it to work..was told it was faulty..so i sent it back. When i recieve the new one i was getting the same problem. Bios and POST will show..but when it comes time to load the windows screen, the monitor starts blinking. I have it hooked to its own 550 w PSU with enough A on the 12v rail. I also have tested the memory to see if its good and tried every memory combination possible. I have messed with BIOS settings and everything. Can anyone please give me some advice or help..youll be a real genius because its got me stumped!! Also keep in mind that i had an AGP 6800 that ran fine before i tried this one. So the AGP slot works fine.
Thanks.
Cult

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cultivator

Also keep in mind that i had an AGP 6800 that ran fine before i tried this one. So the AGP slot works fine.
Thanks.
Cult

My search of your new card shows it as a pci-e card and not a AGP card !!now Thats not to say that they don't a AGP version by the same name

Edit ,just found reference to one and it was AGP ,so maybe the second one is falty also !!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.