bought a new 7800gs...tried it in my pc and could not get it to work..was told it was faulty..so i sent it back. When i recieve the new one i was getting the same problem. Bios and POST will show..but when it comes time to load the windows screen, the monitor starts blinking. I have it hooked to its own 550 w PSU with enough A on the 12v rail. I also have tested the memory to see if its good and tried every memory combination possible. I have messed with BIOS settings and everything. Can anyone please give me some advice or help..youll be a real genius because its got me stumped!! Also keep in mind that i had an AGP 6800 that ran fine before i tried this one. So the AGP slot works fine.
Thanks.
Cult

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Also keep in mind that i had an AGP 6800 that ran fine before i tried this one. So the AGP slot works fine.
Thanks.
Cult

My search of your new card shows it as a pci-e card and not a AGP card !!now Thats not to say that they don't a AGP version by the same name

Edit ,just found reference to one and it was AGP ,so maybe the second one is falty also !!

What are the odds of 2 faulty cards..that would be aweful!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.