Can someone tell me how to install the speech recognition with microsoft office 2007? so far i only found speech recognition installations for office 2003. i need to install speech recognition for my microphone. Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

What OS are you using? As best as I can tell Office 2007 doesn't actually come with speech recognition because it is bundled with XP and Vista. Am I wrong on this?

hi , i think that Mo 2007 doesn't have this feature(speech recognition) . By the way I 'm working on Office 2003 and I am looking for speech recognition for 2003. I tried to install it but didn't succeed as the so called file (pro 11) is not found. Could you tell me how?
thanks

:)
I have XP and Office 2007 - I'd like to have info on how to turn on/download, etc. Speech Recognition for my system.

Haven't been able to find anything with my searches so far......:(

Thanks!

To install speech recognition by using Add or Remove Programs, follow the given steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type control appwiz.cpl add new hardware in the Open box, and then press ENTER. The Add or Remove Programs window is displayed.
Click Microsoft Office, and then click Change.
Click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
Under Features to install, double-click Office Shared Features.
Double-click Alternative User Input, click Speech, click the down arrow, and then click Run from My Computer.
Click Update. Speech recognition is now available in all Office programs and other programs for which it is enabled, such as Internet Explorer.

I follow your steps but there is no Alternative User Input option.
what I need to do?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.