I recently started using Windows Messenger and enjoyed the real time voice/sound communication feature through microphone.Is there any way to do the same thing through LAN?I mean do I need special software or not?And if yes where can I find it?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

I recently started using Windows Messenger and enjoyed the real time voice/sound communication feature through microphone.Is there any way to do the same thing through LAN?I mean do I need special software or not?And if yes where can I find it?

You can use Windows Messenger on a LAN just fine, or you can use a commercial program like Trillian Pro which supports Apple's Rendevous protocol for LANs.

Well, I can't find the proper settings on Messenger to setup a LAN intercommunication.Do you know exactly what to do?
Thanks.

Well, I can't find the proper settings on Messenger to setup a LAN intercommunication.Do you know exactly what to do?
Thanks.

You don't need any special software. Two people can just be signed into Messenger at the same time if you're both connected to the Internet through a router. My wife and I chat this way all the time.

and te best bit is file sharing, I sent my sister a 300mb file and it took less than a few mins :D

Yep, MSN and Windows Messenger both use the Internet as a sort of switchboard to establish the connection, but once you've made the connection, you go PC-to-PC.

i get the same result, like a switchboard

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.