Member Avatar for Eric^^

Hi
i got my old PC now i went to the computer repair they cleaned my HDD but before they cleaned them the motherboard and monitor screen showed up and then i installed the XP home premium to the HDD whit my new computer and if i wanted to like boot the old computer whit that HDD then bam no video input PS: it didnt have a video card whit it when i booted it on the first time and then the screen comed.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

you should reread your post ,at least once and then try again ,making a bit more sense this time ,as it make no sense to me !

Hi caperjack,
That makes more sense than a lot I have read. You just want to pick on the OP, What he said was................No you are right...............

Member Avatar for Eric^^

okey i got my old motherboard whit two HDD 40 GB and 80 GB one of them had the XP system on it. now if i turned it on then everything worked monitor, HDD, CPU. But i didnt have any videocard on it! Now i deleted everything on the HDD. now i had one new motherboard more. so i installed windows XP home on the 40 GB HDD but then if i wanted to run the XP on the old motherboard them bam "no video input" on the monitor. i hope this helped a bit beacause my english isint very good :D

Hi,
I have read posts with worse English but your explanation is still not understandable.

okey i got my old motherboard whit two HDD 40 GB and 80 GB one of them had the XP system on it. now if i turned it on then everything worked monitor, HDD, CPU. But i didnt have any videocard on it!

OK we have 1 computer with two hard drives 1 is a 40GB and nothing on it the other is 80GB and has a working copy of XP and it works in that computer.

Now i deleted everything on the HDD.

Is that the 40Gb or the 80GB hard drive, and why did you delete everything?

now i had one new motherboard more.

Is this a new computer with a new or another motherboard?

so i installed windows XP home on the 40 GB HDD

Where did you do this as you say later that you have no video display?

but then if i wanted to run the XP on the old motherboard them bam "no video input" on the monitor.

This has me totally lost, where is the old motherboard, is this the one that was working, which hard drive is in it now?

i hope this helped a bit beacause my english isint very good

We are not complaining about your English only your attempt to explain thing to us. We can not see what you have there and you need to tell us all you can so we can understand what you have and what is happening. A lot of posters that do have good use of the English language have the same problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.