Good morning,

I was happily using my PC yesterday, surfing the net, when suddenly the computer restarted. When it came on it did not boot up properly and a "NO VIDEO INPUT" message flashed around the screen. I have checked there are no loose connections.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? It seems strange that is was working fine and then suddenly restarted and now does not work.

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

have you tried using another monitor?
are you using a built-in video card or a pci graphic card?

after power on for about a few seconds, try pressing caps lock key, if it is responding then its your display problem if not then could be other problem..

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I dont have another monitor to check but I dont think thats the problem as the whole computer doesnt seem to boot correctly. It seems to stick somewhere in loading up. The graphics card we use is built in and unfortunately our keyboard doesnt display when caps lock etc is on.

It seems to stick somewhere in loading up.

so you mean you can see the display of the screen loading or not?

if caps lock doesn't turn on..then it might be some other hardware problem quite hard to tell...i suggest try to borrow a monitor from a friend...i just hope that it's not a mobo or a processor problem...

Unfortunately we took it to our local repair shop and it is a motherboard problem so its a write off. They can build us a new one for £400 with :
AMD Dual COre processor 4.4
2 gig RAM
160g hard drive

Is that a good deal??

Thanks

don't know much about your currency..but i'm just wondering why you need processor, ram and hdd...when only your mobo got a problem...

but i think that's quite a good deal... is there a warranty?

The Rate seems a bit too much for me, infact its way too much for that config...Don't go ahead

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.