hi everyone,

recently i have brought my self a router netgear wired one and its set up but i cnt do certain things that i have never been able todo even wen i had a crossed cable such as file sharing and printer sharing or even vnc now because i have set it to assign ips means my ips change rite but how do i found out the ips of the other computer connected to me without physically moving to it

i can not ping myself or even her computer what do i do

thankyou

hi everyone,

recently i have brought my self a router netgear wired one and its set up but i cnt do certain things that i have never been able todo even wen i had a crossed cable such as file sharing and printer sharing or even vnc now because i have set it to assign ips means my ips change rite but how do i found out the ips of the other computer connected to me without physically moving to it

i can not ping myself or even her computer what do i do

thankyou

All of these little routers allow you set a static internal IP address for yourself. All you need to do is look at the address pool that the router is assigning like 192.168.1.50 - 192.168.1.100 and enter an address manually on each of your computers that is in the same network but outside of that pool. For instance 192.168.1.25 - 192.168.1.49 . Also set the default gateway on these machines to the internal address of your router, typically something like 192.168.1.1 and set the dns address on each machine with the same values entered on your router.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.