hi guys, my internet works fine but when i go to play games online such as Battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, day of defeat, and Counter Strike. They dont work! It wont join a server. Im on a wireless llinksys cable connection with a router and network adapter. My internet has been jumpy lately turnin on and off but its working fine usually. what do i do?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi guys, my internet works fine but when i go to play games online such as Battlefield 1942, battlefield vietnam, day of defeat, and Counter Strike. They dont work! It wont join a server. Im on a wireless llinksys cable connection with a router and network adapter. My internet has been jumpy lately turnin on and off but its working fine usually. what do i do?

I would contact your ISP man seriously. Also try plugging the ethernet cable in and disable your wireless connection and see what happenes. That's all I can think of as of right now.

why would i disable my connection?

Check your router's firewall settings with its web-based configuration utility. Also, if you have any software firewall program running, temporarily disable that and see if you can connect. If so, you'll have to adjust your firewall rules to allow traffic on the ports that your particular games need to use.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.