Hi,

I have a BT voyager 1060 network card. It was all working well, but I then removed the card when the laptop was off to install a memory card. I then turned on to see if all was OK with the new memory but forgot to put the network card back in. I turned off and inserted it in, turned back on but the laptop does not recognise the card and the lights on the card do not come on. So I tried to reinstall the card, but this did not help.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Just a thought,
Did you remove any old drivers before trying a reinstall?
Some devices like ATI do not reinstall over themselves as well as one would hope...

Did you mention which OS?

Just a thought,
Did you remove any old drivers before trying a reinstall?
Some devices like ATI do not reinstall over themselves as well as one would hope...

Did you mention which OS?

I uninstalled the old software. OS is win 98 se.

thanks

I use aold computers that were given to me at a property management company when office tenants moved out. I cannot install my DSL modem on one of them because there is a network card blocking the connection. I disabled the network card in the control panel but it didn't make any difference. Any advice?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.