is there a place where i can get a free .com,.net, or .org domain name for my website.

Recommended Answers

All 31 Replies

simply said....

No

But some companies will give a free .com/.net etc. if you buy hosting from them.

I'm sure that when that happens though, it's the company who legally owns the domain and not you. I don't recommend services like these at all. Be leery.

Read somewhere today godaddy offering domans as low as 3.5 $ (.com .net .org and .info)
not sure if this is really true

Read somewhere today godaddy offering domans as low as 3.5 $ (.com .net .org and .info)

This is only true if you transfer domains, otherwise they are like $7.95/year.

Or if you buy another product from them like hosting, email, etc.

I wish u could get free .coms lol

free .com's?

i would like MSN , Yahoo and Google.com, for free lol :cheesy:

yes me i offer u 10 domains if u want, but u must buy my sites, so $30 per domain lol :cheesy:

Perhaps keep an eye out for a forum contest at a web hosting/webmaster forum. You may get lucky and win your domain.

But seriously, paying for your own domain is cheaper then the webhosting to get it online, usually around $8.00/year That is less then the cost of 2 Starbucks coffees.

well... actually there is at << url snipped >>
you have to sign up for some free offers or something... I don't know if it works... just an idea. You can get free hosting a mrfreehost.com you can transfer a domain name. Hope this helps!

i agree with cscgal....

be careful when buying a domain that is "free" with hosting....

they will own the domain not you!..:)

I happen to have bought a couple Domain Names w Go Daddy...awsomefinds.com among them They've been real straight so far, so I'd even recomend them. I'll paste from my e-mail...

"Best of all, you SAVE BIG with GoDaddy.com. While other companies charge $15, $20, $30 and more for this domain, Go Daddy's everyday .US price is just $7.95. Act now and save even more during our special $5.95 sale..."

Only good till 5-30-05 it seems.

Another vote for godaddy here too!.

You'll struggle to find a better provider that gives you peace of mind for less cost.

Another vote for godaddy here too!.

You'll struggle to find a better provider that gives you peace of mind for less cost.

yeh they get my vote too they r the best

im selling a domain any interested
its kenzey.com (u get kenzey.info free) if has good google PR + alexa ranking

.info domains at $2.99 / year at

there is always a catch for free domains

All in all, the annual price charged for a domain should barely be complained about although i understand that many people dont have jobs to pay for such things. but think about this, having a company at say: www.mydesignsrulesothere.angelfire.com is a little bit of a put-off. so to pay a little bit annually in order to induce more customers, turns out to be much more worth it in the long run...if, however, you set up a good site...

Again there is a catch, you have to buy it in combination with hosting or other software and services. For the lowest domain price names -- all the generic ones and ones from other countries PLUS you get freebies check out websiteseurope.com Good luck to all.

I'm sure that when that happens though, it's the company who legally owns the domain and not you. I don't recommend services like these at all. Be leery.

hey.
i read this and was wondering how would you be able to insure that it is you whom owns the domain name ? who is best to go with ? also is it possible to purchase a domian name and get one with .com at the end and also the same name with .com.au ;/
thanks
megs

hey.
i read this and was wondering how would you be able to insure that it is you whom owns the domain name ? who is best to go with ? also is it possible to purchase a domian name and get one with .com at the end and also the same name with .com.au ;/
thanks
megs

Hey megs, you can check who is the registered owner by entering the domain name at websiteseurope.com. You own any domain name registered through this website. You can get .com .au and many others.

All registrars can be viewed as "affiliates" of ICANN. There is no such thing as a free domain name, no strings attatched. Therefore, there is not much price variance. I wouldn't pay more than $8USD / year.

hi ho duders, new to this topic but very interested in buying own domain name. The thing that gets me is who would i be buying the domain name from? Does some1 already have it and r sellin it. May sound stupid but How does it work????????????

Or like some of u have said that u would be more likely to be paying for a service....

Best Solution for buying domain names is from Directi

They have re-seller based accounts, where you need to activate your accounts for 75 $, once this is accomplished they charge you 6.99$ per month.

You get a control panel which allows you addition of sellers, re-sellers as well customers.

Good for users with large no. of domains (like me ;))

Regards,

You might be able to get bulk domians with very low cost that it'll seem like free on ebay..
Check on some sites, sometimes they have .info free offers..

We went with eNom after purchasing our ModernBill subscription. We have pretty happy with them. No problems. Support is pretty speedy as well.

namecheap.com is also offering info domains at $2.88.

Prefer .com though.

Also agree that one shouldn't allow a hosting company to own your domain. Virtually helping them build traffic for their domain.

You can get a free .COM domain.

maybe it is impossible.
but ,as I know,http://www.plusregister.com have some bargain sale domain name
.info $2.49 .org $3.99
I think it is very cheap,if you are interested in it,you can visit this website:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.