Hello,

is there possibility to sign certificate that I have created by any other certificate? I want to secure Outlook messages by signing them. But I have self-signed certificate. When users recive emails they are getting message which informs about untrusted certificate. I do not want it.
Scenario I want: users recive email from me and do not have to add my certificate to trusted certificates. Lets suppose I have certificate from verisign. Can I sign certificate that I have created with certificate from verisign?

regards
pit

Hello Pit,

You have to contact the Certificate Providing authority ( say verisign ) to get a Trusted Certificate,, Else there is no point in security right ??

Anyone would claim then self as a Trusted Person ...

Else they ( whom so ever is Receiving the content ) should save your certificate in their Browser in the Trusted Certificate Repository ,, so that it wont throw any Alert ..

Regards,

Sheltan T T

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.