Member Avatar for ingeborgdot@yah

I just got a new NAS and am backing up my computer. I just wanted to know how long a 10Gb transfer should take over the network? I know there are many variables but am just curious as to how long you believe it should take. I have GB network but that I know has nothing to do with a NAS.
patriot pcnasvk35s2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822219003
It is connected directly to Ethernet 1GB switch. Nothing is wireless in the connection. It all goes through an AT&T router/modem from 2wire a 1702HG Gateway.

I have changed my mind. I will pay over $400 if need be to get a NAS that has some fast speed. Does the HP EX490 have fast file transfer speed? I don't know what the heck to do. I look at one article and it says a machine is fast the other says not. Would anyone be able to give me a good recommendation for a prebuilt one?

I will be using this for mainly backup purposes but along down the road maybe things will change but for now backup and a lot of it. Is Raid 1 an important issue or raid 5 or 10? If so I probably need to look for a 4 bay unit but for now I have decided a 2 bay should suffice which would allow me to raid 1 if all believe it is important.

I have these 3 that I have narrowed it down to.

Seagate Blackarmor 220

Iomega StorCenter ix2-200

Synology ds209+, no not the 209 or 209+II but the 209+ I have a chance for some that remain.

All of these are about the same price. Different tests show each at around the same speed. All are rated good.
What is your take on these? Thanks for your help.

Also, what about the QNAP TS-219P and the Thecus N3200? Does anyone know anything about any of these NAS machines?

u can just search it on Google - The Best Tool !

For IT related services & questions just check it out @ http://vipsha.com

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.