hi all,

Its my first time to write here...i have got a serious problem. My LAN shows all the time that it is plugged even if i unplugged the cable. Maybe it is due to some sort of virus? The same problem goes with some other PCs in the network too . If anyone knows its solution please write me back.

Regards

Izzi

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

After unplugging, try disabling and enabling the connections. This could also be a hardware related problem. Try a different lan card.

Is this when you unplug the cable from the computer or from your router?

Thanks for your reply, the icon is still active either if i unplug it from the router/swith or from the workstation or even if unplug the whole cable.
Actually it was ok before as i was using 10/100 D-Link Ethernet swith with 24 ports, but i installed an additional 10 Base -T Ethernet HUB of D-LINK.
There is an other problem, some computer plugged in the switched are connected shows 10 MBps, and my NIC supports 10/100 MBbs then why it is showing like that, it was not before the HUB is installed. I even removed the HUB for some time but still it shows the same problem.

I will be waiting for your reply
Regards
Izzi

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.