Failed to connect smtp server,please check your SMTP information
Error message:Socket error #10049
can not assign requested address

I am getting this error.
Need help

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

This problem occur most of the time when you key in an wrong IP address. Is there any security softwares or firewall blcoking this. If yes change the firewall settings try not to disable it.

This problem occur most of the time when you key in an wrong IP address. Is there any security softwares or firewall blcoking this. If yes change the firewall settings try not to disable it.

Thanks
I am trying to run an email application where i need following information

send email via SMTP server
SMTP server:smtp.gmail.com
username:myemail id
password:mypassword

and what should be the stocks server type
1)stocks4
2)stocks4a
3)stocks5

Need help,don't know so much about networking

Thanks
I am trying to run an email application where i need following information

send email via SMTP server
SMTP server:smtp.gmail.com
username:myemail id
password:mypassword

and what should be the stocks server type
1)stocks4
2)stocks4a
3)stocks5

Need help,don't know so much about networking

one more thing:
2 options also
1)primary DNS 2)secondry DNS

Show me an image of what you are looking at. I don't understand your two post above. Click on Start and select run. Type cmd and later type ipconfig /all

Enter and scroll down to DNS server the first is your primary dns server the second one is your secondary.

Show me an image of what you are looking at. I don't understand your two post above.

Hi again
I am attaching screen shots in document.
Please help me to fulfill all the details.

Is the last one 465 if yes that it is correct. The first and secondary server i have told you how to do. about the stock server i am not so sure. Sorry

Is the last one 465 if yes that it is correct. The first and secondary server i have told you how to do. about the stock server i am not so sure. Sorry

I need a free software for sending emails.
could you please help me for solving above problem.I did so much of googling but can't able to find a software,

HI,

This error occurs when SMTP service is not working properly check whether SMTP service is running and check in registry in HKLM------Software----Microsoft----Windows--------Outlook remove all the rdp_ defined all the four in right hand box and restart your system and try to send mail .It should work.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.