I am using 3g wireless USB modem in my desktop computer.
Due to signal problem I have connected 3g device through 6 metres data cable(By keeping 3g device near to window to get good signal) to my computer.

Device is detecting.. But its showing "problem in installing driver for your device"..

Any solution?

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Are you connecting through a phone service modem?
If you are, try looking for drivers online for your modem/phone/adapter, or CD's that came with it.

What blackcathacker said is true. What USB modem brand you are using? To use the USB modem, you need to download a software. Have you already downloaded it? Secondly, you do not need to use a data cable. You can just plug in the USB modem into your computers and use it. Why use a data cable?

The modem nearer to the windows does not neccassary make your connection faster.

I think he meant that he got a 3g modem to work, but then it failed due to connection problems so he hooked his phone up to the computer and extended it to the window to get reception.

I think he meant that he got a 3g modem to work, but then it failed due to connection problems so he hooked his phone up to the computer and extended it to the window to get reception.

Yes. The required software i have already installed. When i am connecting USB directly to computer, it is working fine with low bandwidth. Reason is in my room no proper signal. So i have connected USB with 6 metres cable and kept USB device near to window to gain signal from outside.

When i am connecting same USB directly with laptop same result. If i will take laptop outside of my room or near to window, With high bandwidth(With speed) i can able to access internet.

So i have tried 6 metres cable for USB to work in desktop system.
After connecting with cable, it is detecting device but, device is not getting activate. Any gainer needed for 6 metre cable or any data loss is happening because of log cable is what my doubt.

So when you use a data cable there is a problem. Can you try pinging to see whether data packets are receive and sent. Can you access the internet too?

Well you could check the cable with other USB hardware like pendrive for example and see if could pass that error.

In my opinion, i think 6 meters is just too long. I've people use 5m USB cable and still work but come up slow but 6m will just make it more impossible to send/receive data effectively. Ignore this if I was just babbling...

Actually i was thinking why need a cable? You can just sit near the window?

It happen when his work area is far from windows and same things happen to me whenever I used 3g modem but i solved it by doing the same thing as OP does but mine was just 3M so data loss was lower compare to 5M/6M

@ Muralidharan.E

Have you try using a shorter cable? I also need to know your network speed. Low network speed can cause the problem. Can you ping?

@ Muralidharan.E

Have you try using a shorter cable? I also need to know your network speed. Low network speed can cause the problem. Can you ping?

Network speed: Maximum 7 MB/Per second.
: But working with 564 KB/Per Scond.

With Shorter cable i didnt try. I will check it.

564KB/ Per second is not slow but you are using a 6M cable. That will affect your performance. Try a shorter cable first. What brand of Internet Dongle are you using?

564KB/ Per second is not slow but you are using a 6M cable. That will affect your performance. Try a shorter cable first. What brand of Internet Dongle are you using?

Broadband 3g device by TATA DOCOMO

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.