My name is Tony and I am a new member. I have been in the computer world since the early 80's and I now work as a computer consultant supporting small businesses. The other day a client ask me to connect a Sharp AR-275 printer to his network. Well that seemed simple since I had setup several printers before using TCP/IP.
1) I setup the printer as a TCP/IP Printer
2) I loaded the drivers and software
3) I was able to successfully ping the printer
4) The status monitor for the printer was communicating with the printer and it said that the printer was ready.
5) I did a test page and the print-out stayed in the queue and the status stated error.
6) I have been looking all over the WEB searching for clues on what I did wrong. Is there anything about the Port that I need to set for this printer.