hello...

anybody pls help me...i'm suppose to come out with a title on my final yer project but until now i still hav nuthing and no idea...
i'm a 3rd yer student in networking..so anybody pls giv me an idea what should i do...actually got a general idea that is network web monitoring system but i dont hav any idea how to implement it...where to start, what to use..
anybody who has any idea on networking based project pls help me...and if u gus hav any idea on the network web monitoring system..pls share it wif me...i really got no idea on how to implement it....thanks..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Can you be more specific please? The following is really pretty vague and much too general:

actually got a general idea that is network web monitoring system but i dont hav any idea how to implement it...where to start, what to use..
anybody who has any idea on networking based project pls help me...and if u gus hav any idea on the network web monitoring system..pls share it wif me...i really got no idea on how to implement it....

Network Web Monitoring System is an internet based system that use the internet as its backbone where all out going and in going information regarding the network are sent and receive in a possible manners way. The system works to monitor the used of the network and if anything happens, it will send out a message to the network admin via sms. There are few components involved in the system and one of them is XML Web Service Server. This is the entity that provides a common set of data definition and access methods that is accessible to OS-neutral systems using ubiquitous internet standards such as XML and HTTP. The XML web service can be utilized in an intranet setup as a single application. More often, the XML web service is exposed externally over the internet for use by different heterogeneous systems.

Specification
• Runs on Microsoft .NET platform with Microsoft SQL Server
• Uses open standard XML over HTTP to service requests and handle data
• For less demanding data access and updates, ASP.NET Web Forms are employed to implement programmable Web pages that render themselves as HTML documents and scripts that can be handled by a browser on any platform

-so anybody got ideas on how to build the system....the way to implement it...how to implement it...is it any other software that i can use to make it work...how to link the system with sms messaging...plss..plss...

Where'd you get that description from? Sounds like somebody's already done it-- couldn't you just implement that software, and write up the process for that?

I'm a networking hobbyist, so to speak. One of my favorite things to do is to is connect disparate system architectures together, and make them talk to each other. Perhaps you could set up something like a Linux-based Samba server as a Primary domain controller, and set up a unified logon with some Linux and Windows clients? That would certainly be a great thing, as you might actually use that in the real world.

Or, better yet, you could pick up some VBScripting using WMI and make a bunch of Active Directory/Domain administration scripts for use in a specific business setting.

There are all kinds of practical stuff that you could do for a final year project. If you're not already up on some of the underlying technologies behind your idea (if you're asking about where to begin with something, you don't have a grasp of the fundamentals, IMHO), then it's going to be tough to implement something usable that might actually apply to a real-world job you might get in the future.

What's something you like doing in networking? Infrastructure? System Administration? Support? Monitoring? Security? Take something you have a base interest in, and build upon that.

the description i got from my lecturer..and what he give to me is only an overview...i have added what i think is suitable..and that was my rough proposal...

It is like this..it is a web based system...i think it can be done using dreamweaver to design the interface..or is there any other software that i can use for the interface?

the coding i think is in php..or is there any suitable scripting that i can use?

from what i have thought..this web based monitoring system is linked to the server and the sms gateway (i dont know how to link to the server and i dont hav any idea regarding the sms gateway..anybody can give me an idea?)

there will be functions that allow network admin to supervise ip on the network...blocked ip that give trouble to the network...and others..anybody got ideas on that?

then if the network is down..this web based system will send sms to the network admin to inform regarding the problem..this i dont know how..how to set or linked it..so pls anybody that got any idea...

i think thats all that i can think of..so pls tell me is this project relevant?can it be done?..i donno what else to do..

By the way..thanks to all that reply to this topic..really appreciate it...thank you very much...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.