I'm taking a Cisco course on Udemy.com and doens't assume any prior network knowledge. Although I can maintain my home network usually without a hassle (at least before my supid !@#$ bought a mesh system that MUST be maintained with an app) I don't have any larger network knowledge. I have a basic understanding of subnets. I'm getting some answers wrong when the video ask my to pause and answer the question, I'm getting a lot of the right numbers but I'll have them on the wrong item, network ID vs broadcast ID, etc... I'm looking for some free practice and labs for IP addressing, subnetting, and general networking that I can go through before I continue this course. Does anyone have an suggestions? Running Linux Mint and I do have Packet Tracer 8.1.1 installed. Thanks.

Maybe you can check out tutorials and guides towards getting a Network+ certification? There’s probably a decent amount of overlap, I’m guessing?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.