When is it appropriate to use which social network to promote your business in your feed? I am active on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. If I have something to share about my business, do I cross-post on all three? Is it common for social networking content managers to use the same feed for all?

Jawass commented: it is appropriate to use social network to promote business feed when a project design objective recommend the use of social network such as Facebook +2

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It is usually best to tailor each post to the specific social network that you are using. Different types of content may be more effective on different networks. For example, Twitter is great for short posts and quick updates, while LinkedIn is better for longer, more professional content. It is also important to consider the audience on each network and make sure that your content is relevant to the people you are trying to reach.

Cross-posting on all three networks is possible, but it is important to make sure that the content is appropriate for each network. For example, if you are posting a professional update on LinkedIn, you should use different language than if you were to post the same update on Twitter.

There are no hard and fast rules about which posts to make and where to put them. Although not all postings are appropriate for every social network, for example, if you want to post about your business, you should do it on LinkedIn, whereas if you want to post promotional content, Facebook and Instagram are great for marketing, and Twitter is best for making official announcements.

As a business owner, you obviously make your own rules in this, as long as they stay within the TOS of each service you use.
That said, don't spam, post things where and when appropriate only, and tailor each post to the venue (as with all marketing efforts).

As an employee, follow the rules and guidelines set out by your employer (which in my case say NO social media posts even suggesting I'm acting on behalf of the company at all, and restrictions on even private use that may influence the public's opinion of the company based on my actions. Which actually goes beyond social media use, I can in theory be fired for getting a speeding ticket as we have a company policy that nobody should break any traffic laws, we're supposed to be a good example of responsible driving, working for a company in the automotive industry).

We can use different social networks to promote our business, depending on the goals of our campaign and who we want to reach. I suggest that Facebook is an excellent platform for lead generation, engaging with customers, and using various types of content due to its large user base of 2.91 billion monthly active users. On the other hand, Twitter is best for real-time updates and customer service and is also recommended.

IMO, cross-posting is sharing the same content across multiple social media platforms. It can be a good way to get our content seen by more people and reach a larger audience. And I do the same thing in my journey. So I suggest sharing our content on multiple platforms, increasing the chances that people will see and engage with it.
However, it's essential to consider that not all platforms are created equal, and what works well on one platform may not be as effective on another. Before cross-posting, it is best to tailor our content to the audience and format of each platform.

An easy solution for WordPress users:

Using WordPress, we can cross-publish and schedule your posts directly from the WordPress dashboard using the WordPress plugin Blog2Social. This allows us to customize each platform's message, hashtags, and image, making it more effective for that platform's audience.

Finally, yes, it is common for social media content managers to use the same feed for all social media platforms, but it is not recommended.

Why?

It highlights that posting the same content on all platforms is an easy way to keep our social sites updated, but it has a downside because every social platform has its own audience and tone. Each platform has its own culture, audience, and best practices. Therefore, it's essential to tailor your content to each platform's specific audience and format.

Today or yesterday Twitter announced a change in 2 factor that appears to have the effect that if you don't pay for Blue.

Starting March 20, only Twitter Blue subscribers will be able to use two-factor authentication—a login technique that typically requires users to supplement passwords with codes—via text message or SMS, Twitter said in a blog post. The policy shift is expected to save Twitter money because the company pays to send SMS messages for two-factor authentication.

Another article noted it seems like some accounts will lose access if they had 2 factor SMS enabled without any backup auth system.

Might be a great way to cull accounts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.