Hi every1. I'm jst a newb, so bear with me.

We've set up a sonciwall on my office network, and ever since it was set up, i've been getting windows error message "duplicate name exists on domain"

Each nodes have unique names and unique IPs. I've tried changing them, but we still get the same problem.

Then i tried to see from where the duplicate name problem occurs; i proceeded by turning the PCs on one by one . And even though all the other PCs are switched off, i still get the same problem. On all machines.

The only one time i dont get the problem is when the sonicwall is disconected from my network. But i cant keep it like this since i need it.

Could someone please help me with this problem as its been getting more and more frustating.

Thanks...

PS:
Pardon the duplicate posting, but this blem is really urgent. If some1 can help, please do so...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Do you have your workstations named that same?

Each nodes have unique names and unique IPs. I've tried changing them, but we still get the same problem.

All of them have unique names. User01 - User05.

Even the LAN IPs are unique.

thxxx...

i'll check the netbios name and i'll let you know if it got to be ok... !!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.