Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone would have an answer, since microsoft just sends me on a wild goose-chase... I Just built a brand new computer from scratch. I checked out the compatibility lists of each of my hardware components to make sure they were compatible. My question is why does my windows vista keep popping up with error messages, when the same EXACT program works on my laptop with vista.... I called Microsoft and they just kept telling me that its not vistas problem that it has to be a hardware problem so....after all this rambling... Can anyone tell me if my hardware components are compatible with each other?

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core Processor 5000+ 2.61GHz
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
DVD/CD ROM: Sony DVD RW DW G120A ATA
ASUS CROSSHAIR AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
Ram: Corsair XMS2 Proseries 800MHz DDR2 1 gig CM2X1024-6400PRO xms6405 v 2.5
Powersupply: OCZ Technology model: OCZGXS700 700 Watt

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How about letting us in on the secret...what is the error message?

Your Hardware is cool man, but without the error message we can't provide any help really.

I take it you have updated drivers installed for all your devices?

>BstrucT

Hi guys, thanks for the input, I'm going to collect the error messages for a week and I'll post them. Thanks again!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.