how do i find out what exactly what type my motherboard is (so far I think it is an intel something) so i can replace it as we have had a power cut and the pc powers on cpu works, harddrive works but nothing on screen no post and one green light on cover otherwise no beeps. I have looked on manufacture site I have a HP D330 desktop any ideas welcome thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by eranga262154

Use system monitoring application. I recommand Everest Home Edition. Download it and run, no need to install either. It gives all the information about your system.

if the pc does not post u cant run the program, open the case and look on the mobo for the name.

Sorry for misunderstand.

As bobbyraw says, open the case and find the main chip-set. Mostly name of the manufacturer are printed on it.

the name should be on the edge or close to the cpu. or if u can tell us the manufacturer make and model and product number we can do a search for u,

I've seen it mostly on either north bridge or south bridge chip. As bobbyraw says, name or the logo can be there.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.