This all started when my labtop contracted the the Nugel.E and BankerFox.A virus. At first, I was able to enter safe mode, but not any longer. Using F8, I can select safe mode, it starts and looks like it's launching in safe mode, but 10 seconds in, it starts to load windows, aborts and puts me back into the boot up option screen again. I can't even start in normal mode. Can anyone help??

Try "Safe mode with networking" Some of the viruses have missed letting you start in that mode. The only other option is to download something like UBCD4Win (Ultimate Boot CD for Windows on another computer and create a bootable CD Image that you can burn to a CD-ROM. It has Anti-virus and a bunch of other tools to help your get things working again. If you get stuck and don't have another system to download on send me a Private message and I will give you a link to a working copy I created.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.