I need to know what ddr memory i should use in my compaq 700 presiro computer. Ddr1,or2

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

I need help with computer memory

Hi

According to this the tech spec states DDR2 at 667Mhz. If you have the exact model number of your machine, then you can search for the tech spec which will tell you exactly what type of memory is supported and how much memory in total the board can take.

HTH

Ok. I see three diffrent sets of number at the back of the computer. Numbers at the top, numbers in the middel, and number at the bottom..! Wich is it ??

I don't know, post a pic.

Could you send me your email address so that i can send you a pic of it! Cause this email is not sending a picture..!

Just note the three here and we will work it out.

3902c755
Jgggy-gw7gg-dvg8t-kyb74-fqfg8.
P710usd100*420vc25e

Not having much luck finding anything with those numbers.

Is this a really old laptop? I ask because what I can find suggests that it has 128MB or memory soldered and can be upgraded to a total of 384MB by buying an additional 256MB PC133 133Mhz SDRAM SO DIMM 144-pin.

My Source

I comes with a 240 mb built in ram

Yes it is old but very strong an if i could send you a pic, i would! But this web site seems it dosent allow that..

Im pretty confident the site I pointed you to is correct and for $9 it's worth a shot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.